Re-Issue in September 2015|
Barcode: 0 89195 87422 1
Packaging: 48 Pieces per carton
Box Size: 6.4" x 10.2" x 1.9"
- Newly tooled Type 40 delicately produced
- Newly tooled two-wheeled gun carriage
- Newly produced 2cm FlaK 38
- Realistic platform base for cannon
- Delciate fun shield molded w/rivets
- Type 40 chassis made in one piece
- Full chassis represented
- Realistic suspension produced
- Delicate wheels w/authentic tread pattern
- Detailed dashboard and driver's compartment
- Detailed Type 40 rear w/fabric weather cover
- Realistic MG included
- High-definition Cartograf decals
In recent months Dragon has launched a couple of 1/72 scale plastic kits of a German soft-skin vehicle, the Heavy Uniform Personnel Vehicle Type 40. One model of this particular heavy passenger car portrayed it with an antiaircraft machine gun fitted (Item No.7378), while the other had a roof for winter operations (Item No.7421). Dragon is now following up these popular releases with another combination that features this Type 40 4x4 heavy car produced from 1938 onwards. The vehicle served in all theaters of WWII. It possessed four-wheel drive, but production ceased in 1941 as part of German efforts to standardize production. The personnel carrier was powered by a V8 Horch engine of 3.823-litre capacity.
What makes this new item special is the addition of a 2cm FlaK 38 cannon for the heavy car to tow. This antiaircraft weapon mounted on its trailer is brand new. By judicious use of slide-mold technology, the parts of this cannon have been realistically made without excessive parts separation. The trailer, for instance, is made as a single piece by slide molds, ensuring accuracy and easy assembly. The cannon muzzle, too, is hollow just like the real thing. Both models are accurately reproduced, and the inclusion of the towed FlaK 38 gives this German heavy passenger car a new sense of purpose!