Re-Issue in October 2019|
Barcode: 0 89195 87359 0
Case Pack: 36 Pieces Per Master Carton
Box Size: 7.5" x 11.4" x 1.8"
DRAGON SQUEEZES 1/35 DETAIL INTO 1/72 SCALE!!!
- Newly tooled Ausf.F2(G) turret made by 3-directional slide molds
- Completely new design of Pz.Kpfw. IV Ausf.F2(G) has 1/35 level of detail
- Detailed gun muzzle brake
- One-piece slide-molded barrel for 7.5cm Kw.K 40 L/43 gun
- Turret frontal armor and mantlet delicate great detail
- Commander's hatch w/internal detail
- Commander's cupola recreated in fine details
- Rear hull w/fully detailed engine deck
- Hull bottom fully and finely detailed
- One-piece lower hull made from slide moulds
- Separate armored cover for final drive housing
- Smoke-candle rack housing w/fine detail
- Upper-hull top armor plating is new
- Detailed road wheels and suspension
- Sprocket and idler w/delicate detail
- One-piece slide-molded muffler
- Side fenders w/pattern detail on both surfaces
- New OVM w/brackets
- One-piece DS tracks for easy assembly
The improved lethality of the long-barreled 7.5cm KwK40 gun of the Pz.IV Ausf.F2 and Ausf.G was greatly welcomed by German tankers during WWII. The Panzer IV G was supposed to be the first tank installed with the 7.5cm KwK40 L/43 gun in 1942. However, the Wehrmacht needed to urgently counteract the thicker armor of Russian T-34 and KV-1 tanks, so this gun was also fitted to some Ausf.F tanks (where it was known as the F2). A total of 175 F2 tanks were produced from March to July 1942 (with a further 25 converted from F1), while 1687 Ausf.G tanks were manufactured.
Dragon has already released a beautifully crafted 1/35 scale kit of such a Panzer IV Ausf.F2(G), and now it has been reproduced in 1/72 scale. Although the model itself might have been scaled down, there is no corresponding diminution in detail! It builds upon the intensive research and engineering done by the expert design team for the 1/35 kit. This new release has extremely well-detailed parts thanks to the clever employment of slide molds. The gun barrel is slide molded along with the muzzle brake and both fenders are brand new. Accurate markings for tanks operating in diverse theaters such as the Eastern Front, France and Tunisia are supplied in the form of decals created by Cartograf. Impressively easy to assemble thanks to clever mold design, and full of detail, this Panzer IV Ausf.F2(G) is destined to follow in the tracks of its 1/35 scale brother and thus enjoy instant popularity!