Re-Issue in May 2020|
Barcode: 0 89195 87283 8
Packaging: 48 Pieces per carton
Box Size 6.4"x10.2"x1.9"
- One-piece slide-molded lower hull w/exemplary detail
- One-piece slide-molded hull frontal armor
- One-piece slide-molded gun can be elevated up and down
- Multi-directional slide-molded superstructure w/bolt detail
- Slide-molded engine deck finely reproduced
- Two types of cooling air intakes are provided w/ and w/o air-intake grills
- Air deflector authentically represented w/photo-etched mesh
- Slide molded periscope gun sight is made from clear part
- Exhaust pipes w/hollow ends
- Newly tooled road wheels and sprockets
- Final drive housing covers are separate parts for maximum detail
- Slide molded hydraulic shock absorbers are crisply molded
- One-piece DS tracks for ease of assembly
- New Cartograf Decal offers accurate markings
About the Sturmgeschütz III
The Sturmgeschütz III was a German series of assault guns and tank destroyers produced to equip Sturmartillerie units. Sturmartillerie was a concept proposed by Colonel Erich von Manstein in 1935 to accompany infantry in the attack, and the low-profile StuG III was easier, cheaper and quicker to assemble than the equivalent Panzer III turreted tank. Large numbers were manufactured, with the Ausf. G being the final version to leave factory floors. Interestingly, four StuG III Ausf. Gs could be produced for the cost of a single King Tiger. The Ausf. G entered production in December 1942 and it was manufactured until almost the end of WWII, with 7893 examples completed.
Dragon has revolutionized 1/72 scale StuG.III kits with the release of this brand new Ausf.G Early Production version. In 2006, Dragon launched a 1/35 scale kit of the same vehicle (Item No. 6320) and it became an instant favorite among modelers the world over. This was understandable considering the extremely high level of technology invested in this kit by its creators and engineers, and which was also based on extremely thorough research. Now, using this accumulated knowledge and expertise, Dragon offers a StuG.III Ausf.G counterpart in the smaller 1/72 scale. Slide molds are widely utilized in production of this kit, which means it has extremely accurate details. Not only that, but the kit boasts a very smart breakdown of parts that requires a fewer number of parts to put together. Assembly is eased considerable, and here the epithet of “less is more” is very apt. Dragon thus ensures maximum enjoyment as modelers assemble their high-quality StuG.III without any tedium. Dragon’s StuG III has entered a new 1/72 dimension!