Barcode: 0 89195 87126 8|
Case Pack: 24 Pieces per case
Box Size: 7.5" x 11.4" x 1.8"
- Intricate superstructure and newly tooled bridge molded w/details
- Realistic photo-etched funnel cap grills w/finest details
- Photo-etched FuMO 27 radar accurately rendered
- Accurate workboat stowage included
- Searchlight faithfully replicated
- Mast delicately reproduced
- Detailed winch and mine rails
- 3m rangefinders produced w/finest details
- Finely detailed single AA gun
- 20mm Naval-vierling
- 37mm twin antiaircraft gun
- 127mm single-gun turret delicately reproduced
- 3-directional slide-molded 127mm single turret
- Realistic square life rafts
- Sharply molded 533mm torpedo launcher
- Waterline or full-hull version can be assembled
- True-to-scale propellers
- Upper hull w/undercut details realistically represented
- Additional portholes molded on hull
Dragon previously released a fine kit of the German Z31 destroyer made to an exacting 1/350 scale. This magnificently detailed model was enthusiastically received by modelers because of its accuracy and easy assembly. Dragon is now pleased to offer a 1/700 scale kit of the same Z31 destroyer. Before introducing the features of the new ship model, it’s helpful to consider something of the Z31’s background. It was one of the Zerstörer 1936A (Mob) class, also known to the Allies as a Narvik-class destroyer. Instead of being named, these ships built after the commencement of WWII were known by their hull numbers Z23 to Z39. Thanks to their impressive 15cm guns, these ships were close to being light cruisers rather than destroyers. Z31 was laid down on 1 September 1940 and it was commissioned on 11 April 1942. This ship was notable in that it initially featured a single forward-mounted gun, before being retrofitted with a twin turret in late 1942. Interestingly, this warship survived WWII and was taken by France as war booty in December 1945. It subsequently served in the French Navy as Marceau (Q 103) before being scrapped in 1958.
Dragon’s model of this German warship is a Smart Kit, meaning it is incredibly well engineered to achieve maximum levels of accuracy and ease of assembly. Just like its 1/350 scale sister, this new kit receives a brand new bridge and associated detail. The guns and turrets are all reproduced very well even in this smaller scale. The entire hull has also been produced afresh specifically for the Z31, and, as is Dragon’s norm, the kit allows modelers to build a waterline hull or full-hull version. The kit exhibits quite a number of important differences to the previously released Z39, and it will indeed make an ideal patrolling partner when they take to the sea!