Barcode: 0 89195 87063 6|
Packaging: 20 pieces per master carton
Box Size: 6.5"x18.7"x2.6"
Category: U.S. Navy Essex-class aircraft carrier
1/700 U.S.S. Bon Homme Richard (CV-31) Essex-class Aircraft Carrier, Korean War
New in 1/700 scale is Dragon’s U.S.S. Bon Homme Richard (CV-31). It is modeled on the U.S. Navy’s 27,100-ton Essex-class aircraft carrier commissioned in 1944.
This Dragon kit is vastly different to any previously released Essex-class carriers. It also includes fighters for the Korean War era, including brand new toolings of the F9F-2 and AD attack jet aircraft, as well as the veteran F4U-F Corsair. There is even a HO3S Dragonfly helicopter! There are photo-etched parts to upgrade and improve the high-quality molded plastic parts like railings and radars.
Features:- Newly tooled 1/700 Grumman F9F-2 Panther and Douglas AD-6 Skyraider aircraft NEW TOOLING
- 1/700 Sikorsky H-5 Dragonfly helicopter, Grumman F9F-8 Panther, McDonnell F-2H Banshee jet aircraft in clear plastic
- New radars with photo-etched parts
- Waterline version or full-hull version can be contructed
- Flight deck elevator can be posed raised or lowered
- Hull side doors can be modelled in open, half-open or closed position
- Accurately detailed superstructure
- Whip antennas also can be formed out of photo-etched metal
- Cartograf decal offers accurate markings
About the U.S. Bon Homme Richard:
This carrier saw combat in the final raids against Japan, but was recalled to active duty with the outbreak of the Korean War. It had a couple of combat tours in the Korean War before undergoing conversion work in 1953 to allow operations of high-performance jet aircraft. This replica shows the USS Bon Homme Richard as she appeared during the Korean War. Her aircraft launched strikes against North Korean targets such as the heavy bombing of the Sui-ho hydroelectric dam in June 1952, and on the city of Pyongyang.