Barcode: 0 89195 86877 0|
Case Pack: 20
Box Size: 9.6" x 15" x 3.1"
- Floating snorkel buoy & long rubber hose accurately reproduced
- Depth markers are reproduced in full length
- Commander's cupola with DS waterproof cover
- Mantlet waterproof cover by DS materials
- Waterproofing parts around turret bottom are truly depicted
- Delicate hose racks are finely made
- DS track link provided for easy assembly
It was planned that Germany would conduct an amphibious invasion of Great Britain under the codename Operation Sea Lion (Seelöwe), and to this end a number of Panzer IIIs were especially converted into diving tanks. These were known as the Tauchpanzer III, and they had the ability to drive along the seafloor totally submerged thanks to a breathing apparatus. One variant prepared as a Tauchpanzer was the Panzer III Ausf.F, of which German industry produced 435 units between September 1939 and July 1940. They had a 3.7cm KwK L.46.5 main armament fitted in the turret.
Dragon’s newest 1/35 kit portrays just such a Tauchpanzer III Ausf.F made ready for Operation Seelöwe. This new kit comes with special enhancement for the benefit of modelers. There’s an accompanying GEN2 General Guderian.
The 1/35 scale tank comes with all necessary parts to make the diving tank, including waterproofing parts, floating snorkel buoy, depth marker, long rubber hose and etc. If modelers have never built a diving tank before, now is the perfect time to get their feet wet!